Epilators produce the smooth, long-lasting results that you may get from waxing without having as much of an impact on the top layer of your skin. They also reduce that mess that often accompanies those sticky waxing strips, shaving gels, or products like Nair. By mechanically pulling out hairs, the right epilator will produce the impressive results you’re looking for. That’s why it’s important to research and compare different brands of epilators to find what works best for you. If you’re new to the epilator game and want to say goodbye to those messy hair-removal alternatives, here’s our list of the best epilators for beginners.
The Best Epilator for Beginners
Braun Silk-épil 9 9-521
Our top pick for beginners is the Braun Silk-epil 9. It comes in a pink and white design, is cordless, and can be used on both wet and dry skin. It’s is equipped with mechanics that allow it to grip and remove short hairs that waxing strips cannot. Another main feature is the device’s head, which is a competitive 40% wider than most other epilators, allowing for broader hair-removal.
This epilator is particularly great if you’re a beginner because the wider head makes the process of removing hair more effective and less painful. The devices portable design allows for total control and convenience which is critical if you’re new to the epilator game.
- Convenient – This epilator is cordless so you can use it in your shower or outside of the shower.
- Fast Hair-Removal- The 40% broader head covers more surface area and removes more hair in less the time.
- Easy to Grip- Beginners often struggle getting used to the motion of epilation and drop the device. This brand of epilator has an easy-to-use gripping mechanism.
- Longevity- The batteries may drain quickly.
- Cost- It’s higher in price.
Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator
The Panasonic ES-ED90-P Wet/Dry Epilator is a blended maroon and white color and comes with six attachments, including a shaver. With this epilator, you have the option of use in a wet or dry environment and the flexibility to switch between hair removal settings. It’s equipped with a wide head that easily conforms to the contours of wherever you need to remove the hair. Hair removal is safe with hypo-allergenic foil and blades.
Beginners will find the ease of use of this epilator to be the best feature. It can be used in wet or dry environments and has a wide head, which removes more hair in a fraction of the time a smaller head would. The six attachments make this device diverse. Alternative settings for hair-removal provide options for the inexperienced user.
- Effective- The wide head removes more hair faster.
- Convenience- It can be used inside or outside of the shower.
- Safe- The blades and foil are hypo-allergenic, perfect for sensitive skin.
- Lack of Durability- The device may easily fall apart.
- Noise- It may be noisy.
Remington Deluxe Rechargeable Epilator
The Remington Deluxe Rechargeable Epilator comes in light gray and violet coloring and is a compact 5.6 inches by 14 centimeters. Key features of this product are its two-speed adjustable setting, its ergonomic epilating mechanism, its ability to function in wet or dry environments, and its additional attachments.
The device’s compactness and ergonomic design are ideal for beginners. You won’t have to worry about awkwardly attempting to maneuver a clunky device in hard to reach places with this epilator. The design of the head and blades make hair removal less painful.
- Comfort- It’s ergonomically designed with the user in mind to reduce pain and increase effectiveness.
- Ease of Use- It’s small and compact, making it easy to hold and maneuver around the body.
- Attachments- It comes with an aloe-vera massager and a precision cap.
- Charge- It may not hold a charge long.
- Durability- It may not work at 100% capacity for long.
Philips HP6574 Satin Perfect Epilator
The Philips HP6574 Satin Perfect Epilator comes in white and pink design with pretty floral detailing. Some of its main benefits include the material of its discs, its vibrating and massaging mechanisms, and its ease of cleaning.
This specific epilator tool is a great starting place for beginners because of the ceramic, hypoallergenic discs, which don’t risk the user tearing or ripping some of the skin accidentally, as could happen with a metal head. The device also comes with a built-in light that helps to illuminate hairs. This device is a great choice for beginners as it is easy to operate and has an ergonomic grip.
- Safe- It has ceramic parts instead of metal, which decrease the risk of accidentally tearing the skin.
- Vibrating Mechanism- The device vibrates to soothe skin and lift hair for less painful removal.
- Grip- Good grip means you won’t accidentally drop your epilator on your hard bathroom floor, or even worse, your foot.
- Unclear Directions- Directions are described as being unclear, which could be a hindrance.
- Packaging- The packaging the device comes in is thought to be cheap and frail. There’s more likelihood of the device being damaged during its processing and shipment.
Epilady Speed Corded Epilator
The Epilady Speed is the most compact epilator on this list, measuring a tiny 4 inches by 2.5 inches. The device has a simple white and red design, has two-speed settings and comes with a perfect angle guide cap that ensures that you are always epilating at the right angle.
This epilator’s small and compact design makes it a great choice for beginners. Being a corded model, it’s always ready to go. No charging required!
- 40 tweezers for speedy hair removal
- Compact design makes it great for travel
- Two-speed settings allow for more customization
- Has to be plugged into power to operate
Whether it’s portability, effectiveness, cost, or safety that you’re looking for in an epilator, these five beginner picks are solid options available to you in today’s market. Hopefully reading about these products and the various benefits and drawbacks they offer will assist you in finding the perfect epilator device that will give you that smooth, long-lasting result you’re looking for.